We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Your child goes on a hunger strike with his nanny. Rare or ordinary phenomenon? This can disrupt your child's appetite. Nursery assistants and specialists bring you answers.
1.Your child changes environment
- Leaving the safety of one's home, a child will have to learn how to create a new, secure relationship, to accept being welcomed and nurtured. "Adaptation can take a long time, especially if the child is very small, explains Gérard Vallat, psychotherapist.It must be used to live in a context with sounds, smells, different sensations to tolerate to be fed by others than by his parents.
2. This change is poorly digested
- The arrival too fast or precipitated in a new environment can provoke a resistance, even a categorical refusal to let a foreign person into his private space. For Gerard Vallat, "refusal or rejection of food or problems of digestion can cause discomfort, suffering, some children vomit at the parents what they ate at the nanny".
3. Disagreements parent-assistant maternal
- Some parents want to impose a specific diet (organic, vegetables ...), others bring prepared dishes. However, for the specialist, "a child perceives disagreements in his body, in his guts, and can express them with symptoms, notably by refusing to be fed".
- Fabienne Gourdain, a maternal assistant for more than fifteen years, confirms that "if the child really does not eat, it is because there is tension, he wants to express something and manifests himself by refusing to eat".
4. Your child is growing up
- Between 18 and 24 months, the child begins to assert his personality and the famous phase of the "no" settles. In addition, it is the age of discoveries, spaces to explore ... and he prefers to play than to eat. Around age 2, your child may also refuse any new food proposed, simply by fear of the unknown. He will then prefer his safe values, such as pasta, rice, sweet and sweet flavors.
5. His appetite is uneven
- The no phase and the food neophobia (refusal of a new food) are not the only ones responsible for the rejection. The appetite fluctuates according to the children, and from one day to another, it can change. Teething, heat stroke can disrupt hunger.
Read also : 7 ideas to help him eat at the nanny