We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Have you heard correctly? Your angel has just opened his mouth and uttered a word so huge that you are speechless. In order for this not to become a - bad - habit, it is time to make an adjustment.
- There is a big word and a dirty word ... the one your child pronounces because he heard it in a friend's mouth without understanding its meaning and the one he intentionally uses to see how you react. To better understand what went through his head can explain to him more serenely that such nasty words should not come out of his pretty mouth.
He discovers the power of words
Your child arrived in the middle of a family reunion to launch a sound and well-articulated "M ...", at the age of 3 and a half. The consternation of the assembly confirms his intuition: some words have power.
- What has to be done. Do not dramatize. Big words are also ... words and their knowledge is part of language learning. Explain to him what coarseness means and why it is not desirable to speak in this way. Try to understand why he said that word, what he wanted and what he thought he was saying.
- What to tell him. "Do you know what that word means?" "There are words that are rude, it's good to know them, but they are only spoken in special moments and not to anyone."
With bad words, he tests your limits
The day you ask him for the umpteenth time to put away his toys and he answers: "Stop bothering me, big potato", the provocation is flagrant.
- What has to be done. By addressing you in this tone, your child seeks to know what you find acceptable and what is not. A question that requires a clear answer. But do not pretend you did not hear anything. However, sometimes, when you feel that it's not really serious, you have to know how to laugh and say: "Fortunately, I put my filters in the ears ... Thanks to them, I did not really hear what you told me. "
- What to tell him. "I do not accept that you tell me such things." "In our family, we do not talk like that, I do not want to hear you talking about it to me or anyone else. "