During pregnancy, blue veins that are sinuous and often swollen may appear on the legs. It is about varicose veins. They are caused by poor blood circulation and can sometimes be painful. Why not try natural remedies to avoid or treat them?
Preventive measures to prevent varicose veins
- Adopting some good daily habits helps prevent the appearance of varicose veins during pregnancy. In the first place, avoid as much salty foods as possible, such as ham, bacon, biscuits or industrial dishes. Salt being a flavor enhancer, it is also very present in the sweet products sold in the trade. Ideally, their consumption should be restricted.
- To avoid varicose veins, also prefer showers to baths and make sure that the water temperature is not too hot. You can also finish your toilet with a jet of cold water on your legs. Start slowly with your ankles to gently go up the thighs. Cold water actually firms the tissues and stimulates blood circulation. The trick is ideal to avoid varicose veins!
- Finally, if you can, do not sit too long in a sitting or standing position. At the slightest opportunity, do not hesitate to relax your legs by walking a little, in order to reactivate the blood flow.
A balanced diet to naturally treat varicose veins
- To get rid of varicose veins, it is essential to eat healthy. Exit the sugar and the fat. Place to the natural! Bet on foods that strengthen and protect blood vessels, especially those rich in vitamins (kiwi, orange, red berries, banana, tomato, spinach ...), antioxidants (prune, asparagus, beetroot, broccoli, red pepper ...) and omega-3 (salmon, sardines, dried fruits, soya, rapeseed oil ...).
- To complete this balanced diet, do not forget to hydrate yourself throughout the day.
To fight against varicose veins, practice a daily physical activity
- Like the varied and balanced diet, physical exercise is one of the fundamentals to reduce varicose veins. Choose an activity that is compatible with your pregnancy and spend at least 20 minutes a day. If you're running out of time, go for a home exercise: yoga, soft gymnastics or, why not, pregnancy fitness.
Apple cider vinegar, ideal for treating varicose veins
- Apple cider vinegar is known to stimulate blood circulation. Against varicose veins, it is very effective. The principle is simple: you just need to soak a cotton cider vinegar, then apply it on your varix by rubbing gently. Repeat the operation 2 to 3 times a day until the varix is attenuated.