We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
According to a report by INSEE on the standard of living, 30% of single-parent families live below the poverty line, a standard of living of less than € 949 per month. (News of the 30/09/10)
Single women with their children
- Constituted most of the time of a woman raising her children alone, single-parent families are finding it increasingly difficult to make ends meet at the end of the month.
- According to a report by INSEE *in 2008, they were 30% living below the poverty line, or € 949 per month. A disturbing figure, stable since 2005. Still worrying, half of these single-parent families have a standard of living of less than € 773 a month.
Less help and less work
- The few helpers affected by these families and their less favorable position in the labor market explain their low standard of living. In fact, 55% of adults living in a single-parent family have a job compared to 73% of those living in a couple with children.
A falling standard of living with the number of children
- Overallthe more families there are children, the lower their standard of living. In 2008, 19% of couples with three children were affected by poverty.
Did you know ?
The median standard of living in France is € 19,000 per year, or € 1,580 per month.
* INSEE-DGFiP-Cnaf-Cnav-CCMSA, tax and social income surveys 2005 to 2008.
You want to testify, share your experience and your questions? Visit our Lone Parent Forum.